How do you officially start a blog anyway? By introducing myself, by telling you my likes, dislikes, that I’m not a writer, that I’m just realizing there are so many little things in life that I don’t want to forget? Well, I guess I’ve started, huh.
So many big events have changed my life in the last several years, but I’ve really been trying to focus on the little things in life. My little girl, Claire Marie, turned one in March and as I look back over the last year I am reminded of all the moments I never want to forget:
-as a newborn, she didn’t like to be still. She liked to be moving! Which meant she was being bounced, walked around, and even slept in a swing (yes, a swing…all night, every night). Whatever works was my theory and I stick to it.
- the first time she pulled apart a pair of socks she pulled them apart, dropped one and tried to split the single sock apart. She got so frustrated and simply didn’t understand why she couldn’t pull it apart again. Awesome!
-face swipes, fuss-pats, neck flossing and all the other terms Eric and I made up as we went
I was only introduced to the blogging world about six months ago and I couldn’t believe there was this whole phenomenon that I wasn’t aware of. SO many people I know do it, and I love staying in touch (or secretly spying, whatever you want to call it) on their lives. As I read other people’s personal or professional blogs, I realize what a great record of their life they are leaving for family members. What a great treasure about the little things (and big I’m sure) that could easily be forgotten.
So, I am going to blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment