It's the little things.

It's the little things.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

teeth and panties!

What a week at the Miller house...Claire is officially potty trained and Ian went from zero teeth to three teeth! "Teeth" is still a little strong as they are just barely white tips protruding from extremely red and puffy sore gums, but we have progress!

Claire has been near potty trained for quite some time now, but I hadn't made the official jump to panties at daycare, at night, or when we left the house. She actually made the decision for me. After a perfect weekend with no accidents, she came running out of her room Monday morning wearing her favorite cupcake pair and said, "Mommy, I going to wear my big girl panties to school today and show Miss Lyndsey!" How could I say no to that? And so it began and it's been PERFECT!

My dad had knee surgery last Friday and when Claire was talking about grandpa's ouchy on his knee, she said, "Mommy, Dr. Big Girl Claire going to go make grampa feel better!" I asked what "Dr. Big Girl Claire" meant and she informed me that is Dr. Claire in big girl panties. HA! She's so proud and I love it.

Tomorrow starts our long four day week and I can't wait! I still have not one present wrapped, but I am done shopping...so I feel pretty good about that. It's not like I could put tons of wrapped presents under the tree without them getting torn open by an almost one year old and 2 1/2 year old. But it's been a great holiday season and I'm excited for this weekend. Lots of pictures to come after Ian's first Christmas and Claire's first Barbie and Cabbage Patch Kid!

Speaking of that...do you know how hard it was for me to find a normal Cabbage Patch Kid that wasn't dressed in some dumb outfit, or had pink hair, etc? Can't we just stick with the basics and not turn everything into something so completely over the top or trendy? Maybe I'm old fashion, but I just wanted a cute baby in cute girl clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment